Privacy Notice for California Residents
Last modified: 01/31/2023
This Privacy Notice for California Residents (“Notice”) applies specifically to California residents covered under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). This notice is provided by Skopos Financial, LLC d/b/a Reprise Financial (“Reprise Financial”).
This notice explains how Reprise Financial collects, uses, and discloses personal information about California residents that is subject to the CCPA. Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular California consumer or household.
The definition of Personal Information under the CCPA does not include:
- Publicly available information made lawfully available from public records
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information
- Personal Information covered by specific federal and state privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”), the California Financial Information Privacy Act (“FIPA”), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1999.
As a result, this Privacy Notice for California Residents does not apply to information that we collect about California residents who apply for or obtain our financial products or services.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information
We collect Personal Information about California residents depending on the type of interaction and relationship you have with us. For example, we collect personal information about California residents who:
- Visit and/or use our website
- We market to for our financial products and services
- Apply for products and services with Reprise Financial
- Communicate with us regarding their application or financial product with Reprise Financial
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents within the last twelve (12) months:
|Categories of Personal Information||Examples||Collected|
|A. Identifiers.||Name, postal address, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||Yes|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, or debit card number. Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.||Yes|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Age, veteran or military status.||Yes|
|D. Commercial information.||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||Yes|
|E. Biometric information.||Keystroke information.||Yes|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity.||Browsing history, or information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||Yes|
|G. Sensory data.||Audio or visual information.||Yes|
|H. Professional or employment-related information||Current or past employment information.||Yes|
Sources of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, we obtained the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from California residents. For example, when you provide information on forms completed on our website (www.reprisefinancial.com).
- Indirectly from California residents. For example, from observing your actions on our website (www.reprisefinancial.com).
- Consumer reporting agencies. For example, we obtain information included on your credit report when you apply for a loan with us.
- Data Brokers. For example, we obtain information from data brokers, including consumer reporting agencies, to identify marketing prospects and to deliver marketing communications.
- Public record sources. For example, we may verify your vehicle information by using available public record sources.
- Service providers. For example, we use fraud detection tools to verify your identity when you apply for a loan with us.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share your personal information by disclosing it to a third party for a business purpose. We only make these business purpose disclosures under written contracts that describe the purposes, require the recipient to keep the personal information confidential, and prohibit using the disclosed information for any purpose except performing the contract.
We do not sell personal information as defined under the CCPA. In the preceding twelve (12) months, Reprise Financial has disclosed the following personal information categories to the categories of third parties indicated in the chart below.
|Personal Information Category||Category of Third-Party Recipients|
|Business Purpose Disclosures||Sales|
|A. Identifiers.||Service Providers Government entities||None|
|B. California Customer Records personal information categories.||Service Providers Government entities||None|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||Service Providers||None|
|D. Biometric information.||Service Providers||None|
|E. Internet or other similar network activity.||Service Providers||None|
|F. Professional or employment-related information.||Service Providers||None|
The Business Purposes for Which We Collect or Disclose Your Personal Information
The purposes for which we use the personal information we collect depends on our relationship and the context of the interaction with the specific California resident. We may collect personal or disclose personal information:
- To provide our services, including reviewing your application, verifying your information, funding your loan, and processing loan payments.
- To respond to requests we may receive from your in the processing of your loan application or in the servicing of your loan.
- To detect and prevent fraud.
- To operate and maintain our business.
- To verify the quality of our services, in addition to verifying enhancements to services we perform and manage.
- To communicate with you via phone calls, pre-recorded messages, text message, email and physical mail.
- To ensure the security and integrity of our products and services, including our website and other assets.
- As required to comply with applicable laws and regulations, including responses to law enforcement requests.
- As otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
Requests Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request the following:
- The categories of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The business purpose for collecting personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information that we collected about you.
- The categories or personal information we disclosed for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months, and for each identified category, the categories of third parties with whom we shared that specific category of personal information.
- To delete the personal information we collected from you.
The CCPA also provides California residents with the right to stop businesses from selling their personal information. Reprise Financial does not provide this option as we do not sell personal information as defined by the CCPA.
Please be advised that we may not honor your request if we are unable to validate your identity, or if we cannot verify that you are authorized to submit a request on another California resident’s behalf.
Additionally, we may not honor you request where an exception applies. For example, if the personal information we maintain about you is not subject to the CCPA, we may not honor your request. Please refer to “Applicability” above for additional information on personal information that is not subject to the CCPA.
The Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How to Submit a Request
If you are a California resident, you may submit a request by using our self-service California Privacy Request Form, or by calling us at 877-437-0089.
Please note that the right to make these requests does not apply to information we collect about California residents that is excluded from the definition of personal information, as noted under “Applicability” above. If you submit a request for this information, we may not honor your request.
Submitting Requests on Another’s Behalf
You may make a request on behalf of a California resident if you are authorized to do so. We must be in receipt of appropriate documentation, including a power of attorney or signed Authorized Agent Form , confirming that you have the authority to act on behalf of the individual for whom you are submitting the request.
To submit a request on behalf of a California resident, you may use either of the methods listed under “How to Submit a Request” above.
You may contact us via email about this Privacy Notice for California Residents or our CCPA practices. Our email address is CAPrivacy@reprisefinancial.com.
Changes and Modifications
Reprise Financial may change or update this Notice. When we do, we will post the updated Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. Changes to this Notice will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.